Do-it-yourself projects are in vogue these days. From HGTV and Pinterest to Instagram, you can find advice online for everything from investing in crypto-currency to renovating the kitchen.
And while there are many pros like saving money and many projects that are perfect to ‘do-it-yourself’ and don’t really require a professional, selling your home isn’t one of them.
We know that when considering your costs to move, everything comes into play, including commissions for real estate agents. While a good agent will make it look like selling your home can be effortlessly completed, selling it yourself may not be the same.
Learn 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Sell Your Home Without a Real Estate Agent
- The Safety of Your Home and Family is a Priority: We control access to your home. Our lockboxes here in Halifax are all blue tooth accessible; That way we know when the box is opened and who is entering at all times.
- Buyers Start their Search Online: An experienced listing agent will market your home aggressively online, which is where the buyers are searching. They have access to target demographics and advanced marketing tools to set your home apart from the competition.
- The Buyer Might Not be Qualified: Given our competitive market, a buyer agent will have their clients preapproved with a mortgage broker and will not waste time with those who are not prepared.
- Negotiation: For most, selling your home is very personal. As a listing agent, we are unbiased and can complete a sale that is in your best interest without an emotional attachment interfering.
- You Could Expose Yourself to Liability: Required disclosures and paperwork for a home sale are extensive; unless you plan to use an attorney, you could miss critical disclosures and expose yourself to financial harm.
- Get a Better Return on Your Investment: Sellers typically net more money when they use an agent versus when they try to do it themselves.
Thinking of selling your home? Work with a professional real estate agent to sell your home faster and get the best return on your investment.
Meet our team. We’re ready to help enjoy selling your home.