Making the decision to sell your home can be difficult. There are varying factors. Are you downsizing? Wanting bigger space? Will there be enough equity for your next move? What do I have to do to sell? Selling can be just a stressful as your initial purchase was. The key ingredient to help ease the transition is to hire the right agent.
You ask yourself “what and who is the right agent’?
- The right agent will know the market.
- An agent should be able to give you an in dept view of the area and your street sales.
- They will have studied your competitors both currently on the market and just recently sold. They should be able to tell you why the homes sold at the price they did.
- They will know the average price and days on market of homes that are comparable to yours.
- The right agent will have a marketing plan. Long gone are the days where you just place a sign on the lawn.
Ask your agent:
- If they use a stager and what is included.
- Who does their photography.
- Where they advertise your home.
- What their game plan is if the home does not sell in the average time.
- Typically, there are 2 types of agents; buyers and sellers. The obvious choice is a selling agent. The right agent will;
- Be able to provide stats of how many homes they have listed and sold. Be very specific when you ask this question, as most agents will say they did “x” amount of sales. Was it as a buyer or seller agent?
- Be able to offer testimonials or social proof of their success.
I could go on and on, BUT the right selling agent for you, depends on you. You need to able to communicate freely and openly with them. The agent with the highest listing price isn’t always the best choice. Dig a little deeper and you will find the perfect match.