When you have a showing on your house in Halifax, what should you do?
How exciting and annoying all at the same time. You have a showing on your home. Excited that you may get an offer. Annoyed that you have to prep. Maybe your thoughts are “what odds” Why should I prep the house for the buyers?
Can I let you in on a secret? BUYERS NOTICE EVERYTHING! Your home is essentially an advertisement. You need to be “show ready”
13 Ways to Prep Your Home when You Have a Showing:
- Open the curtains. Make the room as bright as possible.
- Leave the lights on if possible. Ensure that all bulbs are working and are bright.
- Clean. CLEAN. Buyer will look in your fridge, stove, closets and cupboards. They are totally turned off when things are unkept.
- Don’t have over-powering smells as some are allergic or they think you are trying to cover something up.
- Have animals? Clean the kitty litter. Pick up the dog poop in the yard.
- Put valuable personal belongings away.
- Mow the lawn. Or if winter, shovel the driveway and entrance.
- Don’t have your house freezing cold.
- Remove any garbage.
- The day of the showing try not to cook anything that is overpowering. IE Bacon or Fish. The smell will linger.
- Keep your toilet seat closed.
- Allow easy access to your windows.
- Make your beds.